The classic TurboGrafx-16 platformer returns! Hudson Soft has announced they’re bringing Bonk and his planet-sized cranium back in Bonk: Brink of Extinction for XBLA/PSN/WiiWare in Spring 2010. This return to the series will see a whole slew of additions such as story mode cooperative play and an online mode, though it’s unknown what the online mode actually entails .
For a full list of additions see the press release below.
Bonk. Is. Back! Hudson’s lovable caveman makes his long-awaited return and has brought his enormously giant head with him! Get ready for an all new adventure exclusively on Xbox LIVE®Arcade, Playstation®Network, and WiiWare™ in Spring 2010!
A doomsday comet, surrounded by smaller chunks of debris, is on a collision course with Earth. A strange magnetic field around the comet seems to be driving most of the planet’s weak-willed creatures crazy, and smaller bits of debris are smashing into the jungle near Bonk’s home. Bonk must undertake a perilous journey that will take him to the very center of the planet to save the world.
The Return Of The Most Widely Requested Classic Platformer
• Story Mode with Co-Op play. Play alone or have a friend join you at any time!
• An entire new adventure with Bonk as he swims, bites, climbs, jumps, runs, and head-butts his way through jungles, deserts and volcanic caverns
• Search for help along the way: power ups, check points, and extra health are the staple for every adventuring caveman.
• Transformations are back and weirder than ever! Now Bonk can transform himself into eight different forms by eating meat or encountering Primordial Jelly. No enemy is safe from the boy with the super noggin!
• Online play for the first time in the series!
• New enemies with incredible variations in personalities and abilities. Beware the Raptor Unicycle Tank!
• Classic 2D platforming in a 3D world.
• Tons of collectibles will have you searching the entire prehistoric world.
Join us as we welcome Bonk back into our hearts! For those who haven’t played the originals, you’re in for a prehistoric side-scrolling adventure, the likes of which you’ve never seen! Coming soon for XBLA, PSN, and WiiWare.