Bungie has done what they think is a favor to everyone and leaked the achievements list for Halo: Reach themselves a few days ago, as well as the icon art but sans gamer score. Posted during the weekly update, Bungie confirm that there are 49 achievements lined up for one of the most anticipated titles of this year.
Only a few of the achievements have been named along with their conditions to earn them;
• A Monument to All Your Sins – Complete each Campaign Mission on Legendary – alone.
• Banshees, Fast and Low – Hijack a Banshee during the Reach Campaign.
• Yes, Sensei – Earn a First Strike Medal in a Matchmaking game.
• A New Challenger – Complete all of the Daily Challenges in a given day.
• Make It Rain – Purchase an item from the Armory that requires the rank of Lt. Colonel.
From the Blog:
There will be 49 total Achievements in Reach. Twenty-three of them are Campaign-specific Achievements. We set out to make sure that each Campaign mission has its own ‘special’ Achievement, like:
If They Came to Hear Me Beg – Perform an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would’ve been fatal.
Achievements were bucketed into five different groups, Campaign (23), Firefight (7), Multiplayer (4), Training (6) and Player Experience (9). Some of the Training Achievements can be earned in both Campaign and Firefight.
Expect Halo: Reach to launch September 14, 2010.