Well it may have been delayed about a million times, but finally us PC gamers will finally get one of the finest Stephen King-esque horror titles of this generation. Alan Wake will be available on Steam February 16, and then soon after through all the other digital distributors. There is also a boxed version of Alan Wake hitting store shelves at some point, but there is no information on when we will have that available to us.
You will be able to pick up Alan Wake for a very manageable $29.99 for the game as well as all the DLC. There will also be a Limited Collector’s Edition available for $34.99.
“We’ve done our best to do justice to the PC version and do things the way they should be done for PC,” says Markus Mäki, CTO at Remedy. ”The PC version looks absolutely beautiful. We’re bringing the game to life in a whole new way.”
Here are the new enhancements to the PC version according to Remedy:
- Experience Alan Wake’s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than ever before.
- Refined and fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (or if you prefer to play with the Microsoft gamepad connected to your PC, you can do that too!)
- A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios.
- Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs.
- Additional options our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as well as “hide HUD”.
- Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode.
- Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D.