The baseball season starts this week, and aptly so, Microsoft is giving away 300 free points during its Triple Play challenge to anyone that is an XBL Gold subscriber, and a member of the Xbox Live Rewards program.
To take part in the Triple Play, three points of the challenge must be met:
- Using Xbox Live to play games
- Play any Kinect Game for at least two hours
- Participate in multiplayer games through Xbox Live for 10 hours throught Xbox Live
- Spend at least 800 MS Points on purchases of qualifying digital content from Xbox Live Marketplace
(Qualifying content includes Games on Demand, Game Add-Ons, and Arcade games.)
- Be Social
- Use Facebook through Xbox Live account for at least 1 hour
- Watch YouTube through Xbox Live account for at least 1 hour
- Connect through Video Kinect for at least 1 hour
- Be Entertained
- Spend at least 400 MS Points on purchases of any movie or television content from Xbox Live Marketplace OR use a qualifying entertainment app for at least 10 hours
(Qualifying entertainment apps include Crackle, ESPN on Xbox Live, Hulu Plus, Last.FM, Netflix, TMZ, VEVO, Zune, EPIX, HBO Go, iHeartRadio, MSN with MSNBC.com, Syfy, UFC on Xbox Live, and VUDU Movies)
The Official Xbox Magazine suggest doing the latter (for Be Entertained). Instead of netting 300 MS Points for spending 400 MS Points, simply watch the stuff that you might already subscribe to and access.
Note that all qualifying actions for the social and other portions of the Triple Play offer must take place within the calendar month of April 2012.
For more details, visit the official promotion page